Phew – 2018 is over and 2019 is here. I had a relaxing break, where I mostly did nothing, and it was glorious.
2018 Goal Checkup
- Keep up the healthy lifestyle. – I slipped up some near the end of the year. Giving it another go in 2019.
- Keep reading. I read 21 books (though, one of them was a cookbook…) which met my goal.
- Continue giving myself mental health support. – did well here!
- Become a birthday card-sending friend. – I did well… until about October. Then I was the worst.
- Move closer to 0 credit card debt – working on it!
- Start the EdD program at ECU – DONE and two semesters behind me!
My goals for 2019:
- Keep up the healthy lifestyle. (Leaving this one here).
SpecificallyI want to gym/yoga/walk the dog at least 5x a week.
- Keep reading. My
goodreadsgoal is 15, since I’ll have a lot of articles etc for class.
- Quit soda and drink more water.
- Stay ahead of my classwork.
My friend E posts this meme every year, and I like it for reflection.
1. What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before?
Enrolled in a doctoral program, had a chapter in a book published, bench pressed 65 lbs, mowed the lawn all by myself, and shoveled the driveway and sidewalk all by myself.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really keep resolutions so much as
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My best friend and sister Kathleen and her husband Wes.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
We had to put Kiki down, which is always hard. Does Stan Lee count? It felt like losing a grandpa.
5. What countries (or new places) did you visit?
No new countries, but I conference-visited Dallas for the first
6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
I think a proper vacation would be nice!
7. What date from 2017 will remain etched up on your memory, and why?
Can’t really think of one?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I had a lot this year… I’m proudest of my doctoral program perhaps.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I am not sure. Getting my credit managed perhaps?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Maybe a cold or two… I’ve been lucky to be healthy this year!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
NEW ROOMBA! And my InstantPot. Our new dresser is also delightful.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jason, for always being my rock. Grandma for being 80! Phil and Kait and Charlotte and TC for getting married.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The people who continue to support the horrible behavior from this administration.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Lemur coasters, new furniture, traveling and visiting family, getting
16. What song will always remind you of 2018?
Hmmm. I haven’t spent as much time listening to new music… so I don’t think any song will remind me of 2018.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? about the same
iii. richer or poorer? about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading, friend-time, travelling.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
mindless scrolling and candy crushing
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In my PJs, doing nothing!
21. Did you fall in love in 2018?
Already in love
22. How many one-night stands?
Zero. Married lady here
23. What was your favorite TV program?
The Good Place, and the Netflix The Haunting of Hill House
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Trying not to hate, too much effort. But I do dislike a lot of political persons
25. What was the best book you read?
Either The Circle or Three Junes.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t know
27. What did you want and get?
A new Roomba
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of the year?
Black Panther? Thor Ragnarok?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 36 this year. We went to dinner at Bonefish Grill.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time (or more time wisely spent)
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017?
33. What kept you sane?
Jason. My Passion Planner.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Lord. Too many. All of them.
36. Who did you miss?
Mom, always. My best friends.